Situated in Henderson, Auckland, we are only minutes from Auckland Film Studios and close to all major locations on Auckland’s scenic west coast.
As one of the best-equipped and largest props and prosthetics workshops in New Zealand, we’re set up to manage all aspects of art department production for film, TV, theatre and advertising.
We have a core team of highly experienced props and prosthetics technicians, operating in two buildings covering more than 750m of space. Our main workshop has been purpose-built to allow us to handle multiple jobs through different stages simultaneously. This means that no job is too big for us to handle.
Our make-up department has air-conditioned moulding and application rooms, with separately located foam room and offices. Our model shop is equipped with an in-house laser cutter and vacuum former. We also carry a full contingent of engineering and fabrication tools with easy, wide access for larger trucks and rigs.
Our second workshop houses two high-pressure urethane spray machines. Here we can prepare hard-coat rockwork and armour components. There is also 300m of workspace that’s ideal for working on larger set components.
All of Main Reactor’s workshops are fully certified under New Zealandl health and safety guidelines as well as OSH requirements.
Facilities and equipment
All tools and equipment were electrically certified yearly and we have active Health and Safety guidelines and a contractor handbook to international studio standards, along with an excellent safety record with no incidents in the last five years.
- The workshop is fully insured with public liability insurance of $5,000,000 that includes product in progress at the workshop
- 24-hour monitored security and in-house camera system
- Dangerous goods licence and separate dangerous goods storage area
- Dangerous goods handling licences
- Pre-approved accounts with over 120 suppliers in Auckland, Australia and the USA
We use Xtreme Forwarding for all freight requirements.
WORKSHOP SIZE: 750 square metres
The ground floor 400 square metre space that includes:
- Drying room
- Dedicated spray room – fully ventilated
- Milling room
- Vacuum former
- Wide access for trucks and rigs
- Metal working area
- Large foam spray booth
- Dedicated woodworking area
The mezzanine level is 350 square metres and consists of:
- Air-conditioned moulding and application room
- Sculpting room
- Foam room
- Laser cutter
- 3D printer
- Mould storage area is on the mezzanine level
We have a wide range of tools, construction and engineering equipment including:
- 3D printer
- Forklift – fully serviced
- Vacuum former
- Laser cutter – 900mm x 600mm
- 2 x drop saws
- 2 x mills
- Metal lathes
- Band saw
- Air pressure hoses
- Air assist pump
- Spindle sander
- Table saws
- Angle grinders
- Pressure pots
- Sewing machine
- Industrial scales
- Metal cutter
- Hot foam wire and table